Tuesday 1 November 2011

Shearwater Lakes.

Going the Distance. 28-10-11.
Shearwater Lakes Crockerton BA12 8AF.
A Friday afternoon fishing session was required after last Sunday disaster at Larford with some long distance feeder practice required as I was woeful. Shearwater Lakes was my destination after dropping Cam at school at 13:00 I was fishing half way up the road side bank at 13:50 with a breath taking view of the tree in full autumn splendour and a blue sky. The catching of fish came secondary to chucking a method feeder as far as possible in the same place more than once at 80 turns.
Starting off at 55 turns chucking a 24 gram guru method and a white chocolate boilie is a comfortable chuck with my Garbolino Distance Feeder rod then during the 3 hour session I ended cast to about my limit of 84 turns.
How to exceed this distance will probably take some coaching unlike Golf there is not a lake professional to call on to improve your swing (cast).
The fishing was excellent catching 18 Bream from 12 ounces to 4 pound considering I’ve not fished in one spot and casted every couple of minutes I was well happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment