Sunday 20 November 2011

Avon Angling Teams of Four.

Avon Angling Teams of Four.
Round 6 (final round). 20-11-11.
Viaduct Fishery. Cary, Lodge and Match.
PEG 101 Cary. Draw 9.00 fishing 10.30 to 16.00.

I’ve been looking forward to this match it was the last round of the brilliant Avon angling Teams of Four fished on the South West best commercial fishery. With 2 section on Cary, 1 on Lodge Lake and 1 on Match Lake. With the BBC weather forecast predicting 10mph South Easterly winds and 14 degrees a good match was likely with the Pellet ban enforced in matches from the 1st November might have some impact on the weights.
So arm with Caster ,Worms,Sweetcorn,Meat,Bread and a bag of Gimps(John Bradford) green ground bait and peg 101 on Cary setting up waggler for fishing Caster at 25 metres, lead to fish towards the aerator and a 16 metre pole just in case as a backup line. In hindsight 1 lead rod and 20 grains of corn was all I needed.
Chucking the lead out on the whistle without feeding any of my other lines which I fill is important to try and get early Carp only to watch Kev Perry catch one instantly on the pop up bread. Changing over to the bread I loss 2 Carp in the 1st hour one breaking my hook length the other the hook pulling out ¾ of the way back.
The second hour see me chucking the waggler out to break the boredom of staring out the end of my lead rod catching a Skimmer second chuck then no more bites this was then put down not to be pick up again. The pole was briefly tried too to be shelved as well.
Into the third hour I have my 1st Carp a good one about 12lb then 10 minutes later another slightly smaller on 3 bits of Sweet corn hair rig on 12” hook length.
I end up catching 6 Carp and a Skimmer for 64lb I will not bore you with how I skilfully caught them just that a couple of the times I was actually watching when the rod got pulled round but more often than not I wasn’t.
This weight put me 5th overall 3rd in my section and a section £60 default pick up as Kev Perry framed with 9 carp for 106lb and some of the time he was watching as well but more often he was not.
My man of the match was Des Shipp who caught 48lb of Skimmer 34lb of Carp from peg 68 on Lodge just awesome from one of the very best.
Overall.
1st. Alan Oram.      183-09-00. Peg 96 Cary. Lead meat.
2nd. Tom Magnall.  114-15-00. Peg 87 Cary. Lead.
3rd. Kev Perry. 106-05-00. Peg100 Cary.
4th. Des Shipp. 85-05-00. Peg 68 Lodge.
Silvers.
1st. Des Shipp. 48-03-00. Peg 68 Skimmer Pole 14 metres Caster.
2nd. Stevie Kedge 31-06-00. Peg 97 Skimmers on the waggler.
Kev Perry not loking at his rod.


The Aerator.

Tony Rixon on peg 74.

No comments:

Post a Comment