Thursday 22 September 2011

Cost cutter Viaduct.

Cost Cutter Viaduct.
Thursday 22nd September
Peg 85 Cary [flyer].
Taken another day’s holiday with the weather to be nice but a little breezy. Did my usual Viaduct drawing technique of waiting to the last few pegs and pick a flyer on Cary 85.
Race to the peg I’ve wanted to draw Cary for ages ever since I made some large loaded waggler to fish it sliding the way Roger Young was taking the place apart and peg 85 is a perfect place to perfect it well it would be if the floats were with me not back home in the shed!!!!!
So shallow pellet waggler / deep waggler / lead rod where assembled as well as a 5 metre meat rig and a margin rig for later on.
Not the best of start what with leave my special floats at home then kneeling down on the platform so how trapping my no4 section and snapping it.
It took 35minutes to get a carp in the net but foul hook 2 on the deep waggler and missed a wrap round on the lead after about 3 hours I have had 4 carp for 40lb one in the tail on the waggler losing 4 others and 3 on the lead on double soft pellet so I decided to persevere with the shallow wag catching 2 more carp and losing 4 more frustratingly missing bites when you see line tightening but connecting with thin air.
During this time meat has been fed at 5 metre and with 2 hours 2 go I’ve tried it and had a skimmer then hook a carp which snapped  0.16 hook length so a new hook length was attached and hook and  lose another carp so the 5 metre line solid with big lumps I just can’t land them. Drop into the margin with worm have 3 Perch then dump so more bait in. Then land a 17lb on my 5 metre meat line then get busted next put in. In hind sight a new hook length after the lump would have been advisable. Lose a big Mirror carp after having near the net only to see it power off and bust me then catch a 15lb Common Carp from the margin then hook and lose 3 more 4 if you count and on and off.
All in all very frustrating a lot of fish on the pole were lip hook just one of those days. Ryan Jordon on 86 sat it out on the lead all match only losing 1 fish to beat me and win the lake with 103lb I weighed 7lb of silvers and 84lb of carp for 91 lb 7oz.
Overall.
1st. Martin Lenaghan  Campbell peg 116 shallow on the pole with 8mm pellets.
2nd. Glen Radford     Campbell peg  127 shallow pellets.
3rd. John Green        Campbell peg 123.
4th. Ryan Jordon       Cary peg 86. Lead 11mm pellets.
5th Ray Hayworth.   Cary peg 74.
Silvers.
1st.John Bradford. Cary peg 97. Chop worm and caster.

No comments:

Post a Comment